Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I've been naughty...

"Oh, the humanity," said my credit card morosely.
"What are you trying to do to me?". "I'm trying to make my feet look shiny and happy, CC," I said, showing her a picture of some beautiful purple suede platforms. "I see," she said, smiling. "I understand completely!"

As you may have gathered, I've been a bit bad. You remember those Office bargains I showed you yesterday? Well, they're winging their way to my home, along with these majestic beauties, as we speak. I mean - they were already half-price, and then one of the girls on the Shiny Fashion Forums had a 20% off code.. and, well.. that's when all hell let loose ;)

I've promised myself that this will be my last shoe purchase of the year. I mean, I've purchased gazillions since I arrived in the UK, but they'll all come to good use, I promise! Ah, an addict I am. But then, I guess you'd probably already figured that one out! In one year, I have accumulated enough shoe-y goodness to - literally - last a lifetime. I have plain shoes, statement shoes, tall shoes, short shoes, comfy shoes, VERY uncomfy shoes, boots, shoe-boots... [sings] Oh, the list goes ever on and on.. up from the door where it began...

See? Shoes, they make me happy! They make me break into song! You can't buy that kind of happiness.. or rather, you CAN! And I'm a weirdo, this I know.. but I have VERY stylish feet!

4 Comments:

At 1:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya... great blog!!!
I am an Aussie blogger moving to London in Feb...so I'm glad to see some UK fashion that i'll be able to look forward to.
Cheers

 
At 2:35 am, Blogger Erin said...

Hi Karina :) I'm going to impart some advice that I wish someone had given to me before I came here ;)

1 - Make sure to pack an EXTREMELY warm coat. My warmest coat (a lovely green & black brocade thing from Portmans) felt like a tshirt in the Winter here! :) If you don't have a coat like this, buy one when you get here, and coats in London are infinitely more rad than the ones in Oz! (esp when you're leaving in Summer for Winter)

2 - Only pack your favourite clothes, because you're going to spend many a penny on the beautiful stuff you see over here! I packed way to much of my Oz stuff, never used it because it just didn't suit the weather, and it's just wasting space.

Erm, so that's it! Glad you're enjoying my blog :D

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger SHOEGAL said...

I got these same shoes in blue, not arrived yet. Hope you like yours when they arrive.

 
At 3:04 am, Blogger Erin said...

shoegal, you have most excellent taste!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home