Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fashion Tragedy.

If you haven't gathered by now from my timestamps.. I'm a bit of a night owl. There's nothing like being awake, pottering about on various projects, while everyone around you is asleep. I love sitting by my window, watching the misty streets below; the yellow-orange streetlamps casting an eerie glow on the neighbourhood...

Incidentally - and this only recently occurred to me - the 'man in the moon' formation can't be seen when you're in Australia. I was quite shocked and delighted recently to look up to the full moon and actually SEE his 'face'! I'd seen it in illustrations, you see, but I didn't realise it was based on the real thing!

But I digress. Fashion tragedy. My poor, broken heart.

If you've been reading my blog, you will know about my love for the houndstooth coat I spotted a week or so ago in an email from ASDA. I've been hounding them with calls to find out when When WHEN(!) the coat would arrive, so I could hop onto my stallion and ride to the store to pick mine up.

It wasn't there on the 22nd (my mistake), it was due in-store on the 23rd.. then the 23rd passed, and the 24th, and still no joy (or coat).

Well today, by pure dumb luck, David and I had to go to ASDA because of a mistake they'd make with a photo order we'd put in (we ordered 38 photos, they gave us 15, we realised four days later). Anyway.. we marched on down, and while David did battle with the Photo Centre, I wandered down to George to see if the coat was there.

It was. Joy!

It was total shite. Sob!

This is the first time I've been disappointed since falling in love with the George Fast Fashion range, and it's dealt a heavy blow. The coat was a reasonable £32 (20% off until 29 Oct) - but the quality of the wool wasn't very good compared with other coats in the range; and while the cut was ok, the pattern nigh on blinded you.

I'm really disappointed, because it looked so lovely in the picture, and was such a reasonable price for a woolen coat. Fortunately, though, my pain was replaced by a pair of black patent leather Mary Janes for £18 that they had nearby ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home