Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's a bird! It's a plane! No? It's.. sunshine???

Yesterday, Dave and I had the pleasure of travelling to Edinburgh to spend the day with my goodly friend Nat from London (ex Brisbane). We had a fabulous day - with (gasp!) actual sunshine(!!!) that lasted about five minutes, but the clear skies stayed right up until we left the Chinese restaraunt where we had dinner. Speaking of which, I'll take this opportunity to plug Dave's absolutely amazing photography - the photo you see here is of some of the fun-fair rides that are currently on Princes Street by the Scott monument. Stunning, no? You can see more of his inspired photography (he's REALLY good, I promise!) at his blog!


Nat was in need of some assistance with accessorising (I'm apparently her guru), so we spent a fabulous few hours trawling H&M, Dotty P's and other stores for accessory bargains. As well as her own pretty purchases, I managed to spend far too much money - but all well spent, I think!


I bought a big scarf from Dotty's, which unfortunately isn't avail online, so I can't show it to you. It's woven acrylic (wool makes me itch), with a base colour of brown, and the check pattern running through it is yellow and pink. Sounds odd, but looks pretty :) It was also thick enough to keep the heavy rain running down my neck when we did a half-hour walk through Edinburgh to find our car, so it's a big win on that point! One of my buys that I can share with you is this lovely gold faux-snakeskin clutch, which was a bargain £9 (with a 20% discount). It's lovely and soft to touch, a good size, and has a detachable strap for convenience. It was the first thing that caught my eye as I walked into the store, and it's so lovely, I couldn't leave it behind!

I also picked up a couple of cheap necklaces at H&M, a gorgeous blue and gold woven shawl, a nice wintery, double-sided shawl/scarf, and hit the jackpot in their sale section with a gorgeous belted, hip-length, trench-like coat, and a sheer floral blouse (that looks great under a tank top). Ah, shopping. *So* my cardio :) (which is probably why my legs absolutely KILL today!)
(Oh, and do note! I didn't buy any shoes! Yay!)

1 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you weren't wrong about Dave's photography - what a fabulous blog! Glad you had a good trip East :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home