Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty...

Oh. Baby.

Guess what I got for my birthday from Dave's lovely parents :D Well.. if the picture doesn't give it away.. They got me The Little Mermaid on DVD :D:D:D:D

I have - seriously - been waiting to get this film on DVD since about 2001, when Disney released it on DVD without advertising it, and in such limited release in Australia that it was impossible to find. You could pay $150 on eBay for a pirate copy, sure.. but as much as I think pirates are cool (yo ho ho!), I won't buy pirated DVDs.

So I waited, and I waited, and I hoped - I thought in vain - for Disney to pull their socks up and re-release it properly (or to find some little indie store with a copy in stock). You see, Disney have had a stupid '10 year release' clause since forever - where they'll only re-release additional copies of a film on video / DVD every 10 years.. I'm not sure why they did this, because it only encourages RAGE among fans.. but it seems that they may have lifted it :D The Little Mermaid was due for re-release in 2011.. way too long off.. but they've been nice to me.. they've heard my cries.. and it's here five years early :D
Yes, I may be 25 now (well, there's no 'may' about it... I *am* 25) -- but I still love my Disney (and my stuffed toys.. snerk!). I am SO happy about finally owning TLM :D It's my second favourite of their classic 80s/90s animations - Beauty and the Beast being first (gotta love a bookish heroine).. and I can totally relate to Ariel, with her gadgets, gizmos, whoozits and whatsits galore! Reminds me of my ever-growing shoe collection :)
Unda-da-seeeeeeeeea.. Unda-da-seeeeeeeeeeea... :D (*sashays into the distance*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home