Monday, February 05, 2007

Now, bring me that horizon...

They say there ain't nothing like a Dame. I say, there ain't nothing like a car.

For those of you who drive, you'll understand the frustration of being without wheels. As much as I appreciate the kindness of friends and family, in their giving me lifts and loaning their vehicles, there's a certain sense of entrapment, when you can't simply grab your keys and drive off into the sunset.

Going to the shops is a veritable exercise in discipline and organisation. Getting to work, amid thousands of commuters on buses and trains, requires full-time stress-management. And don't even get me started on being stuck at home of a weekend, when all you want is to find somewhere airconditioned, in which to lay low for a while.

Fortunately, my adventures in Terrible Transportation are to come to an end! The beautiful Toyota Corolla you see here is, in fact, mine! It's to be detailed and tinted and all that jazz... but come Wednesday (two sleeps! two sleeps!), I'll be picking her up after work! :D

I always love that part, in Pirates of the Caribbean, when Jack Sparrow (drunk) and Elizabeth (pretending to be) start to talk about the concept of a ship. One of the most poignant moments in the film, he says "That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom."

I completely understand what he means.

Now, bring me that horizon...

2 Comments:

At 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! She's beautiful :)

 
At 7:04 am, Blogger Erin said...

:D

Thank you!

Poor thing, she scratches easily.. but that aside, I heart her to bits :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home